Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
This very charming villa in the area of BonAire located to the north of the old walled town of Alcudia.
The lovely beach of "Mal Pas" has very long and sandy beaches that well situated to connect to Alcudia and the famous golf course in Aucananda both of which are within a short drive. The North of the island offers many wonders apart from sandy beaches and the sea, there are a lot of outdoor activities, shops, restaurants, bars, etc. all year round. The villa has a well maintained garden and offers 4 double bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and the private swimming pool (8x4 meters).
On the ground floor you find a hall with a door to the living room on the right hand side. The living area is bright and comfortable with sofas, Air conditioning, a large open fire place and the patio doors open onto a lovely shaded terrace. The kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge-freezer, oven, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave. It also has a convenient breakfast area.
The bedrooms are all situated to the left of the reception hall. There is one double bedroom and three twin bedrooms along with 3 bathrooms. In this hall there is also a second Air con unit
The outside features pretty gardens bordered by trees and shrubs. The lovely rectangular pool with a Roman end is surrounded by a walled terrace. There is an outdoor dining area next to the built-in barbecue which is situated between the pool terrace and villa entrance.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||El Mal Pas 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Palma de Mallorca 60 km, Nearest railway: Sa Pobla 16 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
The Mallorca/Majorca region
Port d'Alcudia is a small fishing port, which nowadays has become very popular for people who want to live near the beach. The promenade has won several competitions in architecture and urbanism. The Port is alive with a pleasant aroma in the breeze. On one side the sea, llauts (traditional fishing boats) and modern marina Alcudiamar. On the other hand, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlors and clothing stores. And facing the beach, miles of fine sand that draws the semicircle of the bay of Alcúdia. It is the most popular beach in the area and has all sorts of services from bars to boat rental, sailing courses and an aquatic park.
Not only is there beach of Alcudia. Those who love to browse around have a lot to do. Since there are almost twenty beaches of sand and rocks, accessible only by sea. Among the intimate beaches include Alcanada, or the S'Illot Coll Baix. The latter is a true marvel of nature that is only accessible by boat to have a pleasant outing among pine trees and rocks.
Precisely from the Coll Baix begin some very interesting excursions for those who love trekking and nature as it rises to Talaia Sa, a former defensive watchtower at the highest point of the municipality. From above we see two bays, the Serra, Alcúdia, the Pla de Mallorca and when the day is clear, the coast of Menorca.
But if there is somewhere to visit for nature lovers, it has to be S'Albufereta S'Albufera, which are the two largest wetlands of ecological importance of the Balearic Islands. Its environs are where interesting plant and animal life meet.
Only 3 miles from the house you will find the old town of Alcúdia, called the faithful city in Christian times, the name has an Arabic and Roman footprint. A past forged between them in a privileged enclave in the north of Mallorca. Situated close to the Sierra de Tramontana, Alcúdia has at its back the farm and rural Mallorca, and bathes its feet in the waters of two bays, the north of Pollença and Alcúdia east. Alcúdia is located in the middle of this area of contrasts, between the stone wall of the Serra and the sandy coves of the Bay Alcudiense.
The present does not detract from the historical legacy that remains today Alcúdia an unknown place for many island residents, which surprising is unknown to most. It is not common to find an authentic place located so acessible to the tourist that has kept the essence of the Mediterranean town where everything happens at another speed, where everything is savored and enjoyed. Alcudia, in a sense, we live today as yesterday, taken within its medieval walls (which began building in 1300). Sa Plaza is the hub of alcudienses, place of passage, the meeting point. Around it are bars and terraces that allow us to enjoy this peaceful place and combine it with a good dish.
Leaving the square´s winding streets in several directions you get to points on the wall such as the gates of Xara and Sant Sebastia, and the Church of Sant Jaume, opposite which lies the city of Rome Pollentia and a little beyond the Roman theater, a "rara avis" because it is actually constructed into the rock.
A row of orange trees mark the route of the main streets, the Carrer del Moll and Carrer Major. There are small jewelry shops, shoe shops, clothing stores, bars, restaurants, among many large houses built centuries ago, small and peaceful squares. Alcúdia is one of those places where it's worth losing yourself in its streets to discover around every corner a new charm, a new feel.
Every Tuesday and Sunday morning, the pace of the city speeds up with the open market. Farmers, traders, artisans, artists fill Alcudia with color and the bustle of people around, inside and outside the medieval wall.
Near the house is plenty of options, attractions, activities to do and places to visit.
LOCAL PLACES TO VISIT:
- The Roman city of Pollentia, founded in 123 BC, placed at only 1 mile.
- The Roman theatre, exceptional for being carved into the stone, placed at only half mile.
- City of Alcúdia medieval, walled enclosure within which lies the village of Alcudia, place at only 1 mile.
- Fundación Yannick and Ben Jakober with an interesting collection of portraits of children. 5 miles.
- Mono-graphic Museum of Pollentia. 1 mile.
- Museum of the Parish Church of Sant Jaume. 1 mile.
- Natural Park S'Albufera. The biggest natural park of the Balearic Island at only 3 miles.
- Natural Park S'Albufereta.
INTERESTING BEACHES IN THE SURROUNDINGS:
- Bahia de Alcudia beach, the biggest fine sandy beach of the Balearic Island is just downstairs. That's the beach and the bay that you could see and enjoy from the balcony. In this beach you will find many facilities and services (sunbeds, umbrellas, sailing school, attractions, bars, parking, restaurants, and many attractions specially recommend for the children)
- Quiet and tiny beaches such as S'Illot or Alcanada. 4 miles.
- Naturist beaches as Es Coll Baix. 5 miles.
- Windy beaches for practising sports such windsurfing or kite-surfing as Can Cap de Bou in the Pollensa bay. 2 miles.
ACTIVITIES AND SPORTS:
- Walk along the protected areas of Ermita de la Victoria, and Penya S'Atalaia des Migdia (highly recommended)
- Excursion to the Caves of Menorca (underground caves unexplored)
- Hidropark water park (slides, wave pool, miniature golf, ...)
- Costa Cruises to sail north. There are boat trips (cruises Brisas)
- Alcanada Golf Course, 18 holes opened in 2004
- Hang-gliding and paragliding from Puig de Sant Martí (mountains where thermal currents allow the practice of these sports)
- Marinas of Bonaire and Alcudiamar.
- Cycling (starting point to climb the Serra de Tramuntana, Alcúdia has areas with bike lane)
- Municipal sports facilities (soccer field artificial turf, covered pavilion with terraces, swimming pool deck building, gym, ...)