Countess of the bay of Alcudia
About the home
Cosy apartment for couples and families that want to enjoy the beach and have a lot of fun next to a spectacular and romantic beach. Also this apartment is a perfect option for a family with children who wants to be on a beauty and safe beach with many options and attractions for the children.
The apartment is on the first floor (the is only the main floor and the first floor), with three bedrooms that have plenty of light (One room with Queen size bed of 150cm x 190 cm), the second bedroom with two double beds of (90cm x 190 cm) and the third room a with bunk. The apartment has two complete bathrooms, a bright lounge with a sofa and a dining area for six people with air conditioning, a kitchen and a spectacular terrace looking straight out to the beach and the most beautiful pine path of Puerto de Alcudia. The apartment is located in the best area of Port Alcudia and is by the stores and restaurants.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Hen and stag parties
|Access:||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, Sea view|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden|
The Mallorca/Majorca region
Port d'Alcudia is a small fishing port, which nowadays has become very popular for people who want to live near the beach. The promenade has won several competitions in architecture and urbanism. The Port is alive with a pleasant aroma in the breeze. On one side the sea, llauts (traditional fishing boats) and modern marina Alcudiamar. On the other hand, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlors and clothing stores. And facing the beach, miles of fine sand that draws the semicircle of the bay of Alcúdia. It is the most popular beach in the area and has all sorts of services from bars to boat rental and sailing courses.
Not only is there beach of Alcudia. Those who love to browse around have a lot to do. Since there are almost twenty beaches of sand and rocks, accessible only by sea. Among the intimate beaches include Alcanada, or the S'Illot Coll Baix. The latter is a true marvel of nature that is only accessible by boat to have a pleasant outing among pine trees and rocks.
Precisely from the Coll Baix begin some very interesting excursions for those who love trekking and nature as it rises to Talaia Sa, a former defensive watchtower at the highest point of the municipality. From above we see two bays, the Serra, Alcúdia, the Pla de Mallorca and when the day is clear, the coast of Menorca.
But if there is somewhere to visit for nature lovers, it is S'Albufereta S'Albufera. We have there two of the largest wetlands of ecological importance of the Balearic Islands, located in Alcudia and its environs, and that meet an interesting plant and animal life.
Only1 mile from the house you will find the old town of Alcúdia, called the faithful city in Christian times, the name is Arabic and Roman footprint. A past forged between them in a privileged enclave in the north of Mallorca. Situated close to the Sierra de Tramontana, Alcúdia has his back to the farm and rural Mallorca, and bathe his feet the waters of two bays, the north of Pollença and Alcúdia east. Alcúdia is located in the middle of this area of contrasts, between the stone wall of the Serra and the sandy coves of the bay alcudiense.
The present does not detract from the historical legacy that remains today Alcúdia an unknown place for many island residents, which surprising is unknown to most. It is not common to find an authentic place located so acessible to the tourist that has kept the essence of the Mediterranean town where everything happens at another speed, where everything is savored and enjoyed. Alcudia, in a sense, we live today as yesterday, taken within its medieval walls (which began building in 1300). Sa Plaza is the hub of alcudienses, place of passage, the meeting point. Around it are bars and terraces that allow us to enjoy this peaceful place and combine it with a good dish.
Leaving the square´s winding streets in several directions you get to points on the wall such as the gates of Xara and Sant Sebastia, and the Church of Sant Jaume, opposite which lies the city of Rome Pollentia and a little beyond the Roman theater, a "rara avis" because it is actually constructed into the rock.
A row of orange trees mark the route of the main streets, the Carrer del Moll and Carrer Major. There are small jewelry shops, shoe shops, clothing stores, bars, restaurants, among many large houses built centuries ago, small and peaceful squares. Alcúdia is one of those places where it's worth losing yourself in its streets to discover around every corner a new charm, a new feel.
Every Tuesday and Sunday morning, speeding up the pace of the city with the market. The farmers, traders, artisans, artists fill the color and bustle of people around, inside and outside the medieval wall.
The Alcudia / Port Alcudia area
The surrounding of the apartment is plenty of options, attractions, activities to do and places to visit.
LOCAL PLACES TO VISIT:
- The Roman city of Pollentia, founded in 123 BC, placed at only 1 mile.
- The Roman theatre, exceptional for being carved into the stone, placed at only half mile.
- City of Alcúdia medieval, walled enclosure within which lies the village of Alcudia, place at only 1 mile.
- Fundación Yannick and Ben Jakober with an interesting collection of portraits of children. 5 miles.
- Mono-graphic Museum of Pollentia. 1 mile.
- Museum of the Parish Church of Sant Jaume. 1 mile.
- Natural Park S'Albufera. The biggest natural park of the Balearic Island at only 3 miles.
- Natural Park S'Albufereta.
INTERESTING BEACHES IN THE SURROUNDINGS:
- Bahia de Alcudia beach, the biggest fine sandy beach of the Balearic Island is just downstairs. That's the beach and the bay that you could see and enjoy from the balcony. In this beach you will find many facilities and services (sunbeds, umbrellas, sailing school, attractions, bars, parking, restaurants, and many attractions specially recommend for the children)
- Quiet and tiny beaches such as S'Illot or Alcanada. 4 miles.
- Naturist beaches as Es Coll Baix. 5 miles.
- Windy beaches for practising sports such windsurfing or kite-surfing as Can Cap de Bou in the Pollensa bay. 2 miles.
ACTIVITIES AND SPORTS:
- Walk along the protected areas of Ermita de la Victoria, and Penya S'Atalaia des Migdia (highly recommended)
- Excursion to the Caves of Menorca (underground caves unexplored)
- Hidropark water park (slides, wave pool, miniature golf, ...)
- Costa Cruises to sail north. There are boat trips (cruises Brisas)
- Alcanada Golf Course, 18 holes opened in 2004
- Hang-gliding and paragliding from Puig de Sant Martí (mountains where thermal currents allow the practice of these sports)
- Marinas of Bonaire and Alcudiamar.
- Cycling (starting point to climb the Serra de Tramuntana, Alcúdia has areas with bike lane)
- Municipal sports facilities (soccer field artificial turf, covered pavilion with terraces, swimming pool deck building, gym, ...)
SURROUNDINGS OF THE APARTMENT:
Just downstairs of the apartment you can enjoy the pine path which goes next to the beach. Here you have a lot of shopping options. There are great restaurants, playgrounds, boutiques, banks. There is also a marina plenty of options to enjoy and walk quietly. The most beautiful beaches of Mallorca are place in an area of 5 Km. around the apartment. There are also historical buildings here such the Roman city of Pollentia, their Roman theatre, the medieval city of Alcudia and its wall. You can enjoy the Nature in the natural parks of S'Albufera and S'Albufereta. You can have more information about the area at the link www.alcudiamallorca.com
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
HOW TO GET TO THE APARTMENT FROM THE AIRPORT:
- Join the motorway from the airport , direction Palma (PM-19) for 5,5 Km.
- Take the second exit to the “Vía de Cintura” (PM-20) direction “Andratx / Via de cintura” and continue for 2,8 Km.
- Take to exit signalled “Inca / Pto Alcudia” and carry straight on (PM-27) direction Alcúdia for 40 Km.
- On Alcudia region you will find a round about follow straight to the signal Puerto de Alcudia and go straight during 4 Km.
- You will find another round about with a big orange horse, take the first on your right and follow the street for two kilometers, turn it on your right and try to find a parking place (there is many in the surroundings. All of them are for free).
RENT A CAR
There are many companies that accept reservations from Internet, they have good rates and you can get the car in the airport. Generally to rent a car in Mallorca it is quite cheap compared with another places.
Here are some of these companies:
- http://www.pepecar.com (low cost)
- http://www.hasso-rentacar.com (low cost)
The price to take a taxi is around 60 Euro one way Airport - Puerto de Alcudia Alcudia. It’s easy to find one of the white taxis outside the terminal in the airport.
Another option is to book before and take a shuttle, you can share or take one by yourself. It is less expensive. ( around 14 € /person if you share it ).
The remaining possibility is to reach Can Picafort by bus. First catch the bus Airport-Palma Centre (Plaza España ) and then take the bus Palma Centre-Can Picafort (you can get more information about this timetable at the web http://www.autocaresmallorca.com )
Activities near Alcudia
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|LAST MINUTE PRICE||1 Apr 13||1 May 13||€ 770||€ 110||€ 110||5 Nights|
|BEST PRICE MAY||1 May 13||1 Jun 13||€ 980||€ 140||€ 140||5 Nights|
|OFFER JUNE||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 1190||€ 170||€ 170||5 Nights|
|SUMMER||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||€ 1470||€ 210||€ 210||5 Nights|
|SEPTEMBER||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 1190||€ 170||€ 170||5 Nights|
|OCTOBER||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||€ 910||€ 130||€ 130||5 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
20% must be paid by bank transfer so as to confirm the reservation.
80% will be paid during the check-in after the guest could check that the house is perfectly.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
The property manager is based in Spain and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2009. This apartment has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Mediterranean villa Vernissa in Santa Margalida, Balearic Islands
Mediterranean Can Valentin in Santa Margalida, Balearic Islands
Ca Na Conchi in Puerto Pollensa, Balearic Islands
Blue View in Alcudia, Balearic Islands