Countess of the bay of Alcudia
from £44 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £44 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
"Countess of the bay Garden" is a cosy apartment for couples and families that want to rest in a quiet area, with spectacular and romantic views. Also this apartment is a perfect option for families with children who want to be near a beauty and safe beach and with many options and attractions for the children.
Inside you will find three bedrooms with plenty of light (one room with queen size bed of 150 cm x 190 cm, the second bedroom with two double beds of 90 cm x 190 cm and the third room has a bunk bed. The apartment has two complete bathrooms, a bright lounge with a sofa, air conditioning in the dining area for six people, a fully equipped kitchen and a spectacular terrace looking straight to the beach and the most beautiful pine path of Puerto de Alcudia.
The apartment is located by Mallorcas largest beach (12 km long) in a quiet area. The beach is just a few steps away from the apartment. From there you can walk to the marina, the port, the hotel area... everything is accessible from the beach path. You´ll find all types of Sport activities like windsurf, paddle surf, sailing, bottom glass boats, scuba... You´ll also find restaurants, cafes, boutiques... and also for the kids there are playgrounds, swimming pools, attractions... Nearby there are also banks, doctors, clinics, pharmacies.
There are also historical buildings such the Roman city of Pollentia, the Roman theater, the medieval walls of the town of Alcudia.
If you are a nature fan, Mallorcas biggest Natural park, called S'Albufera and S'Albufereta are just a few km away. There are plenty of hiking routes in Aucanada, Bon Aire, La Victoria, Coll Baix...
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Puerto de Alcudia|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Son Sant Joan 55 km, Nearest railway: Sa Pobla 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Balearic Islands region
A mere two kilometers Port d'Alcudia is a small fishing port, which nowadays has become very popular for people who want to live near the beach. The promenade has won several competitions in architecture and urbanism. The Port is alive with a pleasant aroma in the breeze. On one side the sea, llauts (traditional fishing boats) and modern marina Alcudiamar. On the other hand, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlors and clothing stores. And facing the beach, miles of fine sand that draws the semicircle of the bay of Alcúdia. It is the most popular beach in the area and has all sorts of services from bars to boat rental and sailing courses.
Not only is there beach of Alcudia. Those who love to browse around have a lot to do. Since there are almost twenty beaches of sand and rocks, accessible only by sea. Among the intimate beaches include Alcanada, or the S'Illot Coll Baix. The latter is a true marvel of nature that is only accessible by boat to have a pleasant outing among pine trees and rocks.
Precisely from the Coll Baix begin some very interesting excursions for those who love trekking and nature as it rises to Talaia Sa, a former defensive watchtower at the highest point of the municipality. From above we see two bays, the Serra, Alcúdia, the Pla de Mallorca and when the day is clear, the coast of Menorca.
The present does not detract from the historical legacy that remains today Alcúdia an unknown place for many island residents, which surprising is unknown to most. It is not common to find an authentic place located so acessible to the tourist that has kept the essence of the Mediterranean town where everything happens at another speed, where everything is savored and enjoyed. Alcudia, in a sense, we live today as yesterday, taken within its medieval walls (which began building in 1300). Sa Plaza is the hub of alcudienses, place of passage, the meeting point. Around it are bars and terraces that allow us to enjoy this peaceful place and combine it with a good dish.
Leaving the square´s winding streets in several directions you get to points on the wall such as the gates of Xara and Sant Sebastia, and the Church of Sant Jaume, opposite which lies the city of Rome Pollentia and a little beyond the Roman theater, a "rara avis" because it is actually constructed into the rock.
A row of orange trees mark the route of the main streets, the Carrer del Moll and Carrer Major. The house is adjacent to small jewelry shops, shoe shops, clothing stores, bars, restaurants, among many large houses built centuries ago, small and peaceful squares. Alcúdia is one of those places where it's worth losing yourself in its streets to discover around every corner a new charm, a new feel.
Every Tuesday and Sunday morning, speeding up the pace of the city with the market. The farmers, traders, artisans, artists fill the color and bustle of people around, inside and outside the medieval wall.
But if there is somewhere to visit for nature lovers, it is S'Albufereta S'Albufera. We have there two of the largest wetlands of ecological importance of the Balearic Islands, located in Alcudia and its environs, and that meet an interesting plant and animal life.
The surrounding of the apartment is plenty of options, attractions, activities to do and places to visit.
LOCAL PLACES TO VISIT:
- The Roman city of Pollentia, founded in 123 BC, placed at only 1 mile.
- The Roman theatre, exceptional for being carved into the stone, placed at only half mile.
- City of Alcúdia medieval, walled enclosure within which lies the village of Alcudia, place at only 1 mile.
- Fundación Yannick and Ben Jakober with an interesting collection of portraits of children. 5 miles.
- Mono-graphic Museum of Pollentia. 1 mile.
- Museum of the Parish Church of Sant Jaume. 1 mile.
- Natural Park S'Albufera. The biggest natural park of the Balearic Island at only 3 miles.
- Natural Park S'Albufereta.
INTERESTING BEACHES IN THE SURROUNDINGS:
- Bahia de Alcudia beach, the biggest fine sandy beach of the Balearic Island is just downstairs. That's the beach and the bay that you could see and enjoy from the balcony. In this beach you will find many facilities and services (sunbeds, umbrellas, sailing school, attractions, bars, parking, restaurants, and many attractions specially recommend for the children)
- Quiet and tiny beaches such as S'Illot or Alcanada. 4 miles.
- Naturist beaches as Es Coll Baix. 5 miles.
- Windy beaches for practising sports such windsurfing or kite-surfing as Can Cap de Bou in the Pollensa bay. 2 miles.
ACTIVITIES AND SPORTS:
- Walk along the protected areas of Ermita de la Victoria, and Penya S'Atalaia des Migdia (highly recommended)
- Excursion to the Caves of Menorca (underground caves unexplored)
- Hidropark water park (slides, wave pool, miniature golf, ...)
- Costa Cruises to sail north. There are boat trips (cruises Brisas)
- Alcanada Golf Course, 18 holes opened in 2004
- Hang-gliding and paragliding from Puig de Sant Martí (mountains where thermal currents allow the practice of these sports)
- Marinas of Bonaire and Alcudiamar.
- Cycling (starting point to climb the Serra de Tramuntana, Alcúdia has areas with bike lane)
- Municipal sports facilities (soccer field artificial turf, covered pavilion with terraces, swimming pool deck building, gym, ...)
SURROUNDINGS OF THE APARTMENT:
Just downstairs of the apartment you can enjoy the pine path which goes next to the beach. Here you have a lot of shopping options. There are great restaurants, playgrounds, boutiques, banks. There is also a marina plenty of options to enjoy and walk quietly. The most beautiful beaches of Mallorca are place in an area of 5 Km. around the apartment. There are also historical buildings here such the Roman city of Pollentia, their Roman theatre, the medieval city of Alcudia and its wall. You can enjoy the Nature in the natural parks of S'Albufera and S'Albufereta. You can have more information about the area at the link www.alcudiamallorca.com
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Tolo San Pedro (Property Manager Bartolome Llabres San Pedro)
- 6 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:31 Aug 2015
Based in Spain
- +34 61522 9769