from £106 /night help
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Nested in a 6,500 sqm, this tower from the 16 century will comfortably hosted up to 7 guests.
Ideally located in the heart of the 3 vallees, you will have a convenient access to all major French ski resorts (40mn Courchevel, Meribel, Megeve, La Plagne,...) in the winter and 3 major lakes for summer activities: Lac d'Annecy (30km) and Lac du Bourget (45 Km) in France and Lac Leman (80km) in Switzerland. Staying in this property, you will enjoy a unique "Savoyard" experience.
The renovation of the house in 2013 has been conducted by the Architect/designer Claudio Colucci. The result is a unique, modern, comfortable, extremely well located house. The tower (older part of the house) offers 100 sqm with the following split:
- ground floor: entrance, kitchen with washing drying machine, dining and living room (1 sofa bed), guest toilet
- 1st floor: bedroom 1 with a king size bed or 2 single bed upon request, 1 bathroom and toilet,
- 2d floor: bedroom 2, with 1 queen bed and 2 single bed enjoying dramatic view on the mountain surrounding.
There are 5 car parks.
This is the perfect location to enjoy a perfect mix of sports, cultural and gastronomic experiences.
The property is only 5 mn away from the shopping mall and the center of the town.
Access to the property:
- by train: via TGV from all major french and european cities (direct from London, Brussells, Milano,...). The house is 5km away from Albertville train station (7 mn taxi ride).
- by plane: Direct plane from Paris, London to Chambery. House is 60kms away from Chambery airport and 85kms away from the International Geneva Airport.
- By car: from Lyon/Grenoble/Chambery access via A430 exit Frontenex. 8 mn drive to the house from the toll gate. see in adresse the details to access the property.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Internation Geneva Airport (85KMS), Lyon Saint Exu 45 km, Nearest railway: Albertville 5 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Rhône-Alpes region
Together with the Haute-Savoie, Savoie is one of the two departments of the historic region of Savoy that was annexed by France on June 14, 1860, following the signature of the Treaty of Turin on March 24, 1860.
Savoie is part of the Rhône-Alpes région. It borders the departments of Haute-Savoie, Ain, Isère and Hautes-Alpes in addition to Italy.
Much of Savoie is covered by mountains: Bauges Massif, Chartreuse Massif, Vanoise Massif, Beaufortain Massif.
The department is crossed by the Isère river, which has its source in the Iseran pass. Its two main lakes are Lac du Bourget (the largest and deepest lake entirely in France) and Lac d'Aiguebelette, one of the least polluted in France due to a 1976 law forbidding any use of motorboats on the lake.
Savoie is famous for its cows, which produce numerous cheeses, some of them are: Beaufort, Savoie Gruyère, Reblochon, Tamié, Tome des Bauges, Tomme de Savoie.
Numerous wines are also grown in Savoie. The most famous are made of Gamay, Pinot noir and Mondeuse grapes. Fruit production is the third largest component of agriculture in Savoie. Apples and pears are also produced in the region and are well known for their qualities.
Overall, the region offers an excellent blend of activities ranging from extreme sports to culture, gastronomy and vine. This is as well a dynamic region from an economic perspective with 3 major poles of business activities: Chambery/Aixles bains, Annecy, Grenoble.
The property is located in Gilly sur Isere, 5 mn away from Albertville where the Olympic Games 1992 were organised and classified "Town of art and history". This is "La Combe de Savoie", the heart of Savoie and the world most prestigious ski resorts such as les 3 vallees (Courchevel, Meribel, Les Menuires), Les Arcs, La Plagne, Espace Killy (Val d'Isere, Tignes), Megeve or less known but equally attractive (Areches, Valmorel, Notre dame de Bellecombe, Les Saisies, ...). All this resorts are maximum 45mn away from the house and the closest (one 20mn).
Beside ski, you will be able to enjoy a large range of activities in the direct Neighbourhood:
- Directly from the house: Hikking, Mountain biking, Fishing in the stream just near by the house
- Less than 1km away: Horse ridding, swimming, Tennis
- Less than 5km: Wake board and waterski, Karting, Paragliding, Rock Climbing,
- Less than 10 km: Canoeing, Rafting, and other extreme river sport activities, Via Ferrata,...
- Less than 35km away: Yachting, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing,...
Culturewise, you will explore the roman ruins in Gilly, the medieval town of Conflans, the amazing Monastery of Tamie, the eco musee of Gresy, the medieval castle of Miolans, the old towns of Annecy and Chambery and their museums.
Foodwise: You have a large range of choices from Bistro to Gastronomic restaurants with my favorite being:
- Million (* michelin, Albertville center)
- La Brasserie du Saint Michel (Albertville center)
- Le Bistrot gourmand (Albertville Center)
- Les 16 Clochers (Monthion, 10 mn away)
- La Tour de Pacorets (10 km away)
- Les trappeurs (Col de Tamie, 10 km away)
- La fleur de sel (Cevins, 15 km away)
Of course if you feel like you can always go to Manigo to enjoy the fantastic "Ma Maison" de Marc Veyrat (***), to Tailloires to enjoy the superb table of Auberge du Pere Bise (*), to Annecy to Yaonn Conte (**) or Le Clos des Sens (**), Chambery to Chateau de Candie, to Bourget du Lac to l'Ombremont (*), to Megeve to la Fleur de sel (***) or Courchevel to 1947 (***) in hotel du Cheval Blanc.
The area offers within less than 30km a large selection of wineries that you can visit for wine tasting.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
30% Response rate
Calendar last updated:03 Nov 2014
- 2727 properties
- 2027 properties
- 290 properties
- 121 properties
- Mayens De Riddes
- 57 properties
- 33 properties
- 30 properties
- 28 properties
- 25 properties
- 20 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- 12 properties
- 12 properties
- Rhemes Saint Georges
- 10 properties
- La Salle
- 9 properties
- La Thuile
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Le Praz de Lys
- 6 properties
- Massif des Bauges
- 6 properties