Sunset Cottage at "1860"
B&B | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
TIME TO RELAX in Sunset Cottage. This is our 2 bedroom Cottage of 85m2.
Recharge your senses and enjoy a restful escape in the heart of boutique wine country at 1860 Wine Country Cottages, only an hour's drive from Adelaide.
Here you'll find all the ingredients for a relaxing break away from the everyday:
• Explore new tastes. Work your way through our three unique Boutique Wine and Food Trails, designed to give you a taste of the very best Eden Valley and the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
• Take a stroll on the wild side. Take your time and explore our neighbourhood set amongst vineyards, rolling hills, farms and wildlife.
• Experience the quiet of the countryside. Breathe in the fresh country air while you soak up the sun in your private outdoor area. Listen to the birds' call and watch them wheel around the sky. Hear the wind whisper through stately red gums. Feel yourself unwind!
• Rejuvenate yourself. Rest up in your secluded luxury stone cottage – they're the perfect mix of picturesque and contemporary style. For that extra serenity, stay in The Stables and treat yourself to our exclusive Pamper Package.
THE PERFECT PLACE TO EXPLORE THE EDEN VALLEY AND BEYOND.
Our three cottages provide totally private escapes that merge the beauty of stone with all the contemporary amenities and touches to make your stay remarkable.
The Kuchel family built our homestead and outbuildings in the 1860s. We've rebuilt the old Kuchel stone dairy to create two adjoining, fully self-contained cottages – we've named them “Sunset” and “Dawn” to match the best views you can capture from their private outdoor areas.
We've also restored a very old stone building to create “The Stables” – the ultimate in pampering – with generous proportions, a private garden, cathedral skylights, luxury spa and cosy wood combustion fire.
Each is beautifully appointed with a blend of new and antique furniture, polished timber floors, textural stone and mini orb ceilings for added warmth and charm. All feature private parking and outdoor areas with heaters and BBQs – in short, everything you need to (big deep breath in… and out)… really relax.
Created from the old 1860 stone dairy, the two-bedroom Sunset Cottage features open plan living, dining and kitchen areas with French doors that open out into a paved outdoor entertaining area with tranquil country views.
With warm timber floors, antique and contemporary furniture, modern amenities and a full kitchen, it's designed for your absolute comfort and privacy.
Perfect for families or friends on holiday (a maximum of 4 guests), the bedrooms are at opposite ends of the cottage – each opening out via French doors to private landscaped gardens.
Amenities also include:
• 2 x Queen beds with 1000 thread sun-dried cotton sheets
• En suite and full sized bathroom with 2 person bath and deluxe towels
• Full kitchen – granite bench tops, freestanding oven, family-sized refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave
• Air conditioning
• 3 x flat screen TVs
• BBQ area
• Private off-street parking for two vehicles.
“I would just like to say thank you for providing us with excellent accommodation. The cottages are exceptional and the little touches such as the fantastic breakfast, wine, port and chocolates were very nice. I hope we can come back and do it again some time” – Jeb.
“We just want to say how much we enjoyed your cottage and what a great fit out, we will be back as soon as we get the time off. While we were in town there was a small market on and a reporter from your local paper took photos of David and I and we told them we stayed at your cottage and how lovely it was so we are hoping this went into the paper...” – Dianne.
“Thank you so much for your hospitality and for letting us stay at your beautiful cottages. We had a ball and wish we could have stayed longer... ” – Sally and Kieran (and families).
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
10 Mar 2014
"What a perfect balance of luxury and tranquility"
My husband and I were looking for a nice 'get-away' for a couple of days, somewhere away from the Sydney rat race, somewhere we could really relax and enjoy our surroundings. We are a bit pi… More
5 Mar 2014
"Absolutely amazing experiance!!"
I really recommend staying at 1860 WCC. We stayed at Sunset Cottage and we loved it! Beautifully furnished, cozy and and very well equipped. And surrounded by beautiful countryside. Owners are nice an… More
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in Australia
- 22 properties