B&B | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
TIME TO RELAX in Dawn Cottage. This is our studio style apartment of 35m2.
Recharge your senses and enjoy a restful escape in the heart of boutique wine country at 1860 Wine Country Cottages, only an hour's drive from Adelaide.
Here you'll find all the ingredients for a relaxing break away from the everyday:
• Explore new tastes. Work your way through our three unique Boutique Wine and Food Trails, designed to give you a taste of the very best Eden Valley and the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
• Take a stroll on the wild side. Take your time and explore our neighbourhood set amongst vineyards, rolling hills, farms and wildlife.
• Experience the quiet of the countryside. Breathe in the fresh country air while you soak up the sun in your private outdoor area. Listen to the birds' call and watch them wheel around the sky. Hear the wind whisper through stately red gums. Feel yourself unwind!
• Rejuvenate yourself. Rest up in your secluded luxury stone cottage – they're the perfect mix of picturesque and contemporary style. For that extra serenity, stay in The Stables and treat yourself to our exclusive Pamper Package.
THE PERFECT BASE TO EXPLORE EDEN VALLEY AND BEYOND
Our three cottages provide totally private escapes that merge the beauty of stone with all the contemporary amenities and touches to make your stay remarkable.
The Kuchel family built our homestead and outbuildings in the 1860s. We've rebuilt the old Kuchel stone dairy to create two adjoining, fully self-contained cottages – we've named them “Sunset” and “Dawn” to match the best views you can capture from their private outdoor areas.
We've also restored a very old stone building to create “The Stables” – the ultimate in pampering – with generous proportions, a private garden, cathedral skylights, luxury spa and cosy wood combustion fire.
Each is beautifully appointed with a blend of new and antique furniture, polished timber floors, textural stone and mini orb ceilings for added warmth and charm. All feature private parking and outdoor areas with heaters and BBQs – in short, everything you need to (big deep breath in… and out)… really relax.
Adjoining Sunset Cottage in the old stone dairy, the one-bedroom Dawn Cottage is the ultimate retreat for couples who want that intimate stay with a dose of luxury and privacy.
Enjoy a large private timber deck and paved BBQ entertaining area with elevated views of the original 1860 Homestead, original stone outbuildings, garden, paddocks, dam, surrounding hills, our own vines and livestock.
The cottage's spacious open plan design features an exquisite mix of antique and new furniture including cedar dining table and large, comfy lounge. Cook up a lavish breakfast in the kitchen or have a BBQ on the deck.
Amenities also include:
• 1 x Queen bed with 1000 thread sun-dried cotton sheets
• Large en suite and deluxe cotton towels
• Kitchen – granite bench tops, hotplates, bar refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave
• Air conditioning
• Flat screen TV
• BBQ area
• Private off-street parking.
“Thank you for the fantastic stay at Dawn Cottage last weekend. We really enjoyed the experience of the country life style, enhanced by your beautifully renovated cottages. We are planning to come back soon with some friends and stay in the Sunset Cottage” – Grenville and Ornella.
“Thank you so much for a relaxing and pleasant stay. It's so peaceful here. We shall be back and recommend your cottages to friends and family” – Brendan and Sarah.
“Thanks for a great stay. The cottage is really nicely done and we really enjoyed our stay here… we'll be back soon” – Nigel.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Adelaide International 72 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
The South Australia region
We only discovered the joys of living in South Australia in 2011. We believe we have found the best possible place to live in Australia. We live within one hour of a capital city, yet we are truly in the country. Within a half hour drive, depending upon the direction in which we head, we can enjoy the delights of the Barossa Valley, discover the many unique small historic towns of the Adelaide Hills, or witness the stunning scenery offered by the mighty Murray River. AND there is also a thriving local Eden Valley wine industry to appreciate, together with those wineries of the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills.