The Stables at "1860"
from £91 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
B&B | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
TIME TO RELAX in The Stables, our premium 1 bedroom cottage of 90m2.
Recharge your senses and enjoy a restful escape in the heart of boutique wine country at 1860 Wine Country Cottages, only an hour's drive from Adelaide.
Here you'll find all the ingredients for a relaxing break away from the everyday:
• Explore new tastes. Work your way through our three unique Boutique Wine and Food Trails, designed to give you a taste of the very best Eden Valley and the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
• Take a stroll on the wild side. Take your time and explore our neighbourhood set amongst vineyards, rolling hills, farms and wildlife.
• Experience the quiet of the countryside. Breathe in the fresh country air while you soak up the sun in your private outdoor area. Listen to the birds' call and watch them wheel around the sky. Hear the wind whisper through stately red gums. Feel yourself unwind!
• Rejuvenate yourself. Rest up in your secluded luxury stone cottage – they're the perfect mix of picturesque and contemporary style. For that extra serenity, stay in The Stables and treat yourself to our exclusive Pamper Package.
THE PERFECT BASE TO EXPLORE EDEN VALLEY AND BEYOND
Our three cottages provide totally private escapes that merge the beauty of stone with all the contemporary amenities and touches to make your stay remarkable.
The Kuchel family built our homestead and outbuildings in the 1860s. We've rebuilt the old Kuchel stone dairy to create two adjoining, fully self-contained cottages – we've named them “Sunset” and “Dawn” to match the best views you can capture from their private outdoor areas.
We've also restored a very old stone building to create “The Stables” – the ultimate in pampering – with generous proportions, a private garden, cathedral skylights, luxury spa and cosy wood combustion fire.
Each is beautifully appointed with a blend of new and antique furniture, polished timber floors, textural stone and mini orb ceilings for added warmth and charm. All feature private parking and outdoor areas with heaters and BBQs – in short, everything you need to (big deep breath in… and out)… really relax.
This old stone building has been in use since the 1860s, including as crop storage, a sleep-out, machinery shed and stables.
Now it's been reimagined into a secluded hideaway with the perfect ingredients for pure luxury. There's more of everything in The Stables.
Set on its own 600m2 block away from the other cottages, it includes a large living space (furnished with lovely antiques), a spacious entertaining deck, private garden, high ceilings, cathedral skylights, extra large spa bath and log fire to cuddle up next to.
Amenities also include:
• 1 x Queen bed with 1000 thread sheets
• 2 x large flat screen TVs
• huge living area
• Fresh flowers
• Full kitchen – granite bench tops, full sized oven, gas cooktop, family sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave
• Polished timber floors
• Large bathroom with spa, separate shower and deluxe towels
• Extra private outdoor spaces with BBQ and outdoor heater
• Extra Pamper Package available on request
• Private parking
• Firewood supplied between April and October
• Can accommodate 4 people by arrangement.
“We totally loved staying in your "Stables." The room was absolutely perfect, luxurious, and so well appointed. From the spa to the flat screen TVs, the fire and the gorgeous bed we had a wonderful time. Thank you so much!” – Barney & Kylie.
“Beautiful accommodation! The perfect way to spend our first morning together as husband and wife. Thank you very much!” – Andy and Mel.
“Thank you so much for a memorable stay here. You have been so sympathetic to restoring these buildings yet have applied all the modern appliances needed for the 5-star traveller. We loved the chickens and wild birds and the natural environment. Perhaps we are not your average clients, but we really appreciated all you did… We will be back” – Alison and Bryan.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Adelaide International 72 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
About this location
The South Australia region
We only discovered the joys of living in South Australia in 2011. We believe we have found the best possible place to live in Australia. We live within one hour of a capital city, yet we are truly in the country. Within a half hour drive, depending upon the direction in which we head, we can enjoy the delights of the Barossa Valley, discover the many unique small historic towns of the Adelaide Hills, or witness the stunning scenery offered by the mighty Murray River. AND there is also a thriving local Eden Valley wine industry to appreciate, together with those wineries of the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
11 Apr 2014
"A charming country experience with all the Mod cons."
We just keep going back! We absolutely adore 1860 and the staff that run it. Every experience has been wonderful here. We have been a few times now and we always stay in "the stables" when w… More