House | 7 bedrooms | sleeps 14
This newly renovated stunning home is located in Bunacurry village on the beautiful Achill Island, 3 miles from Keel, 14 miles from the seaside village of Mulranny. It is comfortably furnished inside with fully fitted kitchen, comfortable bedrooms, cosy wood burning stoves and boasts stunning views of nearby Craughaun Mountains, Inishbiggle Island and Blacksod Bay. The Achill Outdoor Education Centre is just over a mile away and this delightful home is also ideally located to explore the nearby 5 blue flag beaches.
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 7 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (7), Cots (1)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
GF: lounge, kitchen/diner, 2nd lounge, utility room, 2 doubles, shower room. FF: 5 doubles 3 with ensuite shower room, bathroom with separate shower.
Electricity and oil central heating included, wood burner with starter pack, linen and towels included, travel cot, high chair, stair gate, TV, dvd player, radio, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, w/machine, dryer, internet acess, welcome pack
|Further details outdoors|
Fully enclosed garden, patio area, garden furniture, bbq, private off road parking. Pets welcome.
The North West Ireland region
* Hill- Walking: Achill Island and the Curraun Peninsula offer some of the most spectacular walks and treks in Ireland. Unlike many popular walking areas in the west of Ireland, most of the countryside on Achill is in common ownership, which means that it is open and freely accessible for hill walkers. The two highest peaks are Slievemore and Croaghaun.
* Golfing: Achill is an ideal location in which to base your golfing holiday, offering access to renowned links courses at Westport and Belmullet (Carne) as well as local courses on Achill Island and at Mulranny.
* Fishing: The waters of Clew Bay, on the southern shore of the Currane Peninsula, and the Atlantic waters of Achill Island provide some of the best sea angling in Europe.
* Achill Walks Festivals takes place in May
* Johnny Kilbane Weekend / Kilbane Clan Gathering.
Long weekend of events to commemorate former Featherweight World Boxing Champion Johnny Kilbane, whose father came from Achill. This festival takes place in June.
* Achill Half Marathon takes place in July
* Inishbiggle Festival takes place in July
Walking - Hill 50 yards. Traditional Music 400 yards. Golf 3 miles. Fishing - Deep Sea, Horse riding 4 miles.
Shop 1 mile. Pub 400 yards. Restaurant 3 miles. Beach 2 miles.