from £32 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Bungalow | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The cottage is well equipped and very convenient for the beach. For this reason it is popular with families in the summer. However, the cottage is well placed for those who enjoy walking – there are several close by, either along the cliff paths, the banks of the Teifi or on the Preseli hills. For those interested in bird watching, the cottage is half a mile from sea cliffs and 7 miles from both the Teifi estuary and the wetlands habitat of the Teifi marshes.
In the winter, we like to stoke up the wood burner then sit in the conservatory, watching the waves rolling in on the beach.
For more details on the cottage and what there is to do in the area, visit our website (there's a link in the 'contact details' box, at the very bottom of this entry). Please note, there is a minimum charge of £120 per visit, irrespective of how many nights you stay.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Aberporth beach 100 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Carmarthen 35 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Sea view|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
Cooker with ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, filter coffee maker.
Living room, conservatory, 2 bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom.
There is not TV, but for wet days there are plenty of books and board games for both adults and children.
|Further details outdoors|
There's a small secluded terrace, with a table and chairs, at the back of the cottage.
There is sufficient off road parking for two cars in front of the cottage.
The rental rates include all utilities, including some firewood (October - March).
We provide duck down duvets and pillows. Many visitors bring their own bed linen and towels; however we can provide these - but at an additional cost.
It is essential you leave the property as clean and tidy as you would wish to find it. Please allow plenty of time for this. Bringing your own bed linen and doing your own cleaning keeps the costs down (and the price we charge).
About this location
The Ceredigion region
Things to Do
• 18 hole golf course with views over the Teifi estuary. (6 miles)
• Fishing:- off the beach, (100 metres) or off the rocks (1/2 mile), or on the river Teifi - for which a licence is required (5 miles).
• Building sand castles, investigating the rock pools etc
• Cardigan Sailing club welcomes visitors (7 miles)
• Organised fishing trips, seal spotting, etc (8 miles)
• Kayaking on the river Teifi (8 miles)
• Dry ski slope near Llangrannog (12 miles)
• Pitch and putt at the Penralt Hotel, also a small indoor pool, (1/2 mile)
• Walking the Cerediogion Coastal Path (0.1 mile)
• Children’s playground ( in the village, opposite the chemist).
• Mwyldan theatre and cinema (in Cardigan, 6 miles )
Places to Visit
• Ruins of Cilgerran Castle (8 miles)
• Remains of castle at Newcastle Emlyn + children’s playground
• The Wildlife Centre, near Cilgerran (8 miles)
• Llanaerchon House + teas, inland from Aberaeron (@ 25 miles)
• Aberaeron harbour + lunch at the Hive on the Quay (@ 20 miles)
• Cenarth falls - picturesque, walk beside the river, tea rooms ( 7 miles)
• Poppit sands at low tide (@ 10 miles)
• Coastal path to Tresaith - disabled access, so surfaced for the first section. (Starts 1/2 mile from cottage)
• Coastal path towards Mwnt - can be muddy! (Starts behind the RAE playing field, in Parcllyn (1 mile)
• Board walks and the old railway line beside the Teifi @ Cardigan Wildlife Centre - good surface, even in wet weather
• Riverside walk through the gorge from Cilgerran towards Llechryd (8 miles) – reasonably even but with odd muddy patches
• Preseli Hills (@ 15 miles)
• Pembrokeshire Coastal Path starts near Poppit sands (@ 10 miles)
All the distances quoted are approximate distances from the cottage
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 Nov 2014
"Old fashioned holiday by the sea"
We booked the cottage for 2 nights and enquiries/payment were swift and dealt with promptly. Directions were great but the sat nav took us straight to the door. Location is fantastic with wonderful se… More
16 Feb 2014
"Lovely Cosy Cottage right by the sea"
We had a lovely stay in this cottage, the wood burner was fabulous and kept the whole cottage warm,the kitchen was well equipped,the shower was hot and the bed comfy. It is perfectly sited right by th… More
18 Dec 2013
"A Cozy Cottage that feels so People Friendly"
This cottage has everything you could wish for in the way of books , games and puzzles.. It really is so warm and comfortable, it made us a little reluctant to return home.. Will certainly make every… More
23 Feb 2013
"A magical cottage 50 yards from the beach comfortable and well appointed"
As a veteran holiday cottager I can honestly say that this is the best so far. It is in a perfect position in a lovely unspoiled village which has a pub, shop, chemist and restaurants. Two beaches and easy access to the coastal paths. It is a very hard place to leave and we will certainly be back very soon.
17 Jan 2012
"Wonderful cottage in the best location"
Lovely cottage with everything you need, fully stocked kitchen and games cupboard. Gets lovely and warm with the wood burner on, very welcoming after a bracing coastal walk of which there are many to be had here. It is ideally located for walks, shopping at Cardigan and its wonderful liitle cinema/theatre. A 30 minute coast path walk to Tresaith finds you at a lovely pub with the best sunday roast ever...a nice walk back to recover :-)
We will stay again, with a beach 50Metres away it would be daft not to.
Owner was very helpful and directions perfect. Great idea to get people keeping it clean, invites like minded souls and keeps the cost down for those of us on a budget.
7 Jan 2012
"Gorgeous holiday cottage"
We booked this cottage for Christmas. We arrived to find it beautifully clean with a Christmas tree ready for us. The sea view was a daily inspiration. Everything we'd read about the cottage was accurate. The wood stove was a real pleasure. We found the cottage really well equipped for baking and Christmas dinner cooking. The library of books was great and got me reading all over again! Aberystwyth was close enough when we needed to hit the sales....Thanks for such a well equipped lovely cottage.
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:23 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site