City Views-Near Royal Mile, bus/shops/FREE parking
from £50 /night help
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
“City Views-Near Royal Mile, bus/shops/FREE parking' is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious, 1 bedroom apartment with stunning views over to Calton Hill & across central Edinburgh (see our map “photo”). The flat benefits from free WiFi and free on street parking, is just minutes from the Palace of Holyrood House (the Queen's residence in Edinburgh) and is just 10 mins walk from the foot of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile.
This central Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position on the third floor (no lift) of a traditional Scottish tenement building, situated in the middle of a narrow no through road that provides pedestrian access to the amenity intensive London Road, which boasts of fantastic bus routes to most of Edinburgh. There is a Secure (buzzer) Entry System with an intercom providing additional security [## NOTE: Salmond Place is located half way along Carlyle Place ##]
The apartment is situated pretty much as close as you can get to all the historic Old Town sites and visitor attractions in Edinburgh with FREE on street parking. Most of central Edinburgh is unfortunately (expensive!) metered parking zones.
The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining - kitchen. It's a lovely open and comfortable living area with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event.
The modern kitchen is well provided with crockery, cutlery, glasses and kitchenware, a washing machine, fridge/freezer, cooker (with gas hob), microwave as well as electrically wired heat & smoke detectors. In the vicinity there are a number of smaller shops as well as (5mins walk) the substantial Meadowbank shopping centre that includes a Sainsburys, TK Maxx and other outlets. However, for those that prefer to dine out, cosmopolitan Edinburgh is renowned for its large selection of restaurants, with a variety of restaurants / pubs nearby.
There is a spacious double bedroom with a substantial walk in wardrobe, which includes a chest of drawers, clothes rail & shelving space. There is plenty of storage space. The shower room, with toilet and wash hand basin, has been recently modernised to a high standard. In the hallway there are coat hooks and a cupboard which can be used for stowing away suitcases & other items of luggage.
London Road, a major bus nexus, is just 1min walk away, giving unrivalled access to a host of bus routes to main tourist destinations (Princes Street in 5 mins, the Old Town, New Town, the Royal Yacht, Edinburgh Zoo etc) and shopping destinations. However, given the flat's central location, a 10 min walk takes you to the 650 acre Holyrood park (which houses Holyrood Palace & Arthur's Seat), the Scottish Parliament at the foot of the Royal Mile and the Dynamic Earth science centre.
Whenever possible, guests will be welcomed personally at the property for the handover of keys. As you would expect, the price includes crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels. In addition, local information / literature, iPod docking station and a small selection of books, DVDs & board games have been provided for your perusal.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Portobello 3 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh International Airport 13 km, Nearest railway: Waverley Train Station 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 3, Lounge seats for 3|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
The Edinburgh region
Why the Owner Chose this property: The open outlook over a set of Edinburgh's quirky Colony flats across to Calton Hill is lovely and has great sunset views. You are close to the heart of Edinburgh (see our map “photo”), the beautiful Holyrood Park (a 650 acre park next to the Queens official residence in Scotland) is a few mins walk away and next to that, the bottom of the Royal Mile. And, despite its central location, the apartment benefits from much sought after FREE PARKING!
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: The flat's location, with a 10 min walk to Holyrood Palace / The Royal Mile and a 1min walk to London Road's buses (a major bus nexus, providing access to Princes Street in 5 mins, the Old Town, New Town, the Royal Yacht, Edinburgh Zoo etc) and local shops/pubs. In addition, the flat has lovely open views and ready access to FREE parking, all of which makes a compelling Holiday Let proposition! ......... I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages
1) Situated in the Abbeyhill district of Edinburgh (just East of the city centre; see our map “photo”). the Palace of Holyrood House, Holyrood Park, Dynamic Earth, Scottish Parliament, Calton Hill and numerous festival and Fringe venues are all within 10-15 mins walk of the Apartment. It is an area also well served with transport links making it hugely convenient for all areas of Edinburgh.
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food events.
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away.
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (10min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2015.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said!
All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
3 Jan 2015
"Perfect bolt-hole for a city break"
We really enjoyed our stay in this apartment. The Abbey Hill area is so close to the city, but a bit quieter and with all the conveniences you could need. The flat itself was clean and had everything … More
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- 987 properties
- 605 properties
- Perth and Kinross
- 581 properties
- Scottish Borders
- 465 properties
- 174 properties
- East Lothian
- 169 properties
- 88 properties
- 72 properties
- South Lanarkshire
- 55 properties
- West Lothian
- 39 properties
- County Tyrone
- 37 properties
- 34 properties
- North Lanarkshire
- 19 properties
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- Falkirk District
- 16 properties
- County Armagh
- 7 properties