Eek out your holiday budget with the Holiday Lettings™ Summer Sale
Wed 20 July 2011
Minimum 20% discount on villas, apartments and cottages between now and 31 October
If “affordable” and “holidays” aren’t two words that you would automatically use together in today’s climate, the Holiday Lettings Summer Sale could be about to change all that. Opt for a villa rental or cottage holiday this summer and you’ll likely have spare change to use in the seaside slot machines!
Holiday Lettings represents a whopping 48,000 holiday homes worldwide, ranging from the luxurious to the highly affordable. Thanks to the Summer Sale you can bag a bargain holiday with minimum effort. There are more than 1,200 homes available in this new section of the website and all the homes featured are discounted by at least 20 per cent for the stated weeks, which must range between now and 31 October.
The savings made on your accommodation will leave you with more cash to play with for the three holiday “Fs”: flights, food and fun!
Some of the homes on sale plus money saving tips to make your holiday budget go further:
Malta – 60% off
Money saving tip: shop around - check out all flight options available and use sites like Villa Diamantina, Saint Julian’s, Malta
Summer Sale deal: from 10-18 July, £537 per week, sleeping 10, (SAVING £814)
Flights: from £168 return (Luton Airport – Luqa Malta International) with Ryanair
• Spacious five bedroom villa with inviting contemporary design
• Large bedroom balconies offer captivating sea views
• The home features a large outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
• Once inside the home guests can relax and enjoy the use of Wi-Fi and satellite TV
• The sun-deck is the perfect private hot-spot to work on your tan
Italy – 40% off
Money saving tip: plan ahead - research the area thoroughly before you arrive and make a note of any restaurants and supermarkets with deals on. Also seek out affordable events or those with free entry that you can attend as an alternative if the normal tourist attractions are a bit pricey. Day to day meal planning and packed lunches means you won’t spend money unnecessarily on restaurants and fast food.
Podere Casarotta, Certignano, Catelfranco di Sopra, Tuscany
Summer Sale deal: 6-31 August, £379 per week, sleeping four (SAVING £252)
Flights: from £451 return (London Gatwick – Peretola) with Meridiana Airlines
• A studio apartment in a renovated Tuscan Villa, with stunning views overlooking the surrounding Valdarno Valley and Chianti Hills
• With the nearest village over two miles away, the home offers total privacy
• Guests will enjoy the use of a large swimming pool and garden with patio furniture, perfect for al-fresco dining and sun bathing
• Home features include satellite TV, a balcony terrace and secure parking
PORTUGAL – 40% off
Money saving tip: pre-book your airport car parking. Parking at the airport can end up costing a significant amount if you just turn up on the day. However, if you book it in advance, you can save a considerable chunk off the pay ‘on the day’ fee.
Villa Casa Vela, Sao Rafael, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
Summer Sale deal: from 6 – 13 July, £1,197 per week (SAVING £1,198)
Flights: from £120 return (Luton Airport – Faro) with Monarch Airlines
• A spacious villa with five en suite bedrooms
• With a large outdoor swimming pool, games room and gym there is something for everyone
• Aside from the sun deck by the pool there is an additional roof terrace, so you can sunbathe in total privacy
• The home is perfectly located 35 minutes from the airport and less than 10 minutes from the beach and Albufeira marina
UK – 40% off
Money saving tip: Take a staycation. With garden parties, rural festivals and seaside jaunts there is nothing quite like Britain in the summertime, even better, the money you save on flights and travel can be injected into your holiday entertainment budget.
Little Gables, Broadway, Cotswolds
Summer Sale deal: 9-30 July, £852 per week, sleeping six (SAVING £568)
• A quintessentially British, three bedroom country cottage
• The home has traditional features including low wooden beam ceilings
• Interior delights include a roaring log fire and a kitchen complete with an Aga
• There is a large, well manicured garden so the children can play in a secure environment
• The bathroom is large with an elegant design and a free standing bath with space for two
Spain – 35% off
Money saving tip: when paying by card in Spain try and avoid the so-called dynamic currency conversion and ask to be charged in the local currency, the rate will be less.
< a href='http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/85678'>Casa en la Colina, Alfaix, Mojacar, Costa de Almeria, Spain
Summer Sale deal: from 3 – 30 September, £500 per week (SAVING £200)
Flights: from £170 return (Stanstead – Almeria) with Ryanair
• A three bedroom, traditionally furnished villa
• Dine al fresco on the balcony terrace while taking in the rolling mountain views
• Enjoy lazy days, floating in the large and inviting swimming pool
• Interior features include satellite TV and a spacious kitchen
• With an internal courtyard, private garden and a roof terrace, there are multiple sunbathing options
• The spacious kitchen is ideal for entertaining
GREECE – 30% off
Money saving tip: “when in Rome make like the Romans” – mingle with the locals, they will know where to find the best bargains and cheap public transport, such as buses and water taxis. The services are often frequent and run to most tourist attractions, saving you a fortune in taxi fares and car rentals.
Cretavillas Luxury Residences, Roussospiti, Rethymno, Crete
Summer Sale deal: 23 July – 1 August, £1,499 per week, sleeping 10 (SAVING £646)
Flights: from £402 return (London Gatwick –Heraklion) with EasyJet
• A five bedroom villa with a prime cliff side location, and incredible coastal views
• The home is elegantly furnished and features a spacious lounge area with a home cinema system
• The veranda is the perfect sun-trap and is complete with patio furniture so you can relax and dine in the sunshine
• The villa also boasts a large outdoor swimming pool and children’s pool
About Holiday Lettings:
Holidaylettings.co.uk was established in 1999 by Ross Elder and Andy Firth. Part of the TripAdvisor Media group since June 2010, the business continues to thrive as an independent brand from its offices in Oxford. Jonathan Dees has been managing director since March 2011.
Search 65,000+ privately owned holiday homes in 116 countries around the world. Choose from spacious villas, resort apartments, sprawling gites and farmhouses, cosy romantic retreats, cottages, barn and chapel conversions, city breaks, rural getaways or beach breaks - there's a home for every holiday.
With 69 million unique monthly visitors* through the TripAdvisor Media Group, what are you waiting for...
Contact the PR team:
Kate Stinchcombe-Gillies, head of communications
+44 (0)1865 312010
Click here to email the team
*Through the TripAdvisor Media Group. Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Inc. and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, May 2012