How is the response rate on my advert calculated?Your response rate is determined by whether or not you’ve replied to your last 20 enquiries*. If you’ve not yet had 20 enquiries, the calculation is based on those enquiries you have received.
* response rate counts enquiries sent since 22 May 2013.
How to ensure your responses are captured by the calculator:
- Replying from the enquiry notification email we've sent to your personal email address? The response still goes via your Holiday Lettings Inbox, so it’s counted.
- Responding via your Holiday Lettings Inbox? The response is counted.
- Responding via the app? Your response is counted.
- Responding with a phone call (annual listings)? Follow it up with a quick email so we know you’ve responded and we can count it in your rate calculation.
- Using the email address included in the SMS alert (annual listings)? These responses are not currently counted, so respond to the enquiry via the Holiday Lettings Inbox. The enquiry email we've sent to you or via the app ensures that all responses are counted.
- Think the enquiry is spam? Some holidaymakers send a generic message to multiple properties; they’re still a potential guest with a genuine enquiry so it’s best to still respond. If you’re convinced it’s spam, just reply with something like: ‘I think this is spam, please let me know if not’ and copy this email address (email@example.com) in to your response. It’ll help us to improve our spam filters and only send you genuine enquiries.
- Sent yourself a test enquiry? Respond to that too.
- 8.10.2013 Received duplicate enquiries from the same person? If they were sent within 48 hours you only need to reply to one enquiry for a response to be counted. Any duplicate enquiries sent beyond the 48 hours will need a reply for you to maintain a high response rate.
- NEW 9.12.2013 Received an enquiry overnight? Not a problem. The calculation no longer includes enquiries received in the last 48 hours. So if a guest enquires at 8pm on a Sunday your response time won’t be taken into account until the calculation on Tuesday.
Fact: Owners who respond within 6 hours are twice as likely to secure a booking than those responding after 24 hours.
Use an Apple or Android smartphone? Our free mobile app will help you to respond even quicker.