To make these changes to your Holiday Lettings listing, log in to your account and go to Properties.
Tip #1 Organise your gallery
When it comes to skiing, exterior shots are essential for inspiring outdoorsy types.
- Show a snowy outdoor shot, pistes and mountain views – particularly if they’re taken from the property itself. Add helpful info to your captions, such as ‘View of Mont Blanc from the master bedroom’.
- Images of piste maps may not be as attractive, but some guests find them helpful.
- Après-ski is almost as important as the skiing itself, so it’s worth uploading a shot of the local entertainment/nightlife, or even other activities for non-skiers such as ice skating.
When organising your interior shots, depict the warming scenes you’d like to see if you were booking the trip.
- Show warmly lit bedrooms, a blazing log fire, hearty food and drink on the table – especially if the home is catered.
- If you’ve got a hot tub, sauna or other facilities on site, snap them and show them off!
Tip #2 Use the search results to get seen
- Skiers, especially those with families, need to plan far in advance. Make sure your prices are updated for at least 18 months ahead so you’ll appear in all the right searches.
- If the ski lift is outside or within walking distance, mention this in your search results summary to attract instant clicks.
- Pin your property’s location on the map so guests can see where the home is in relation to the resort. Your location will appear on your advert and also on the map view in the search results.
Tip #3 Create text for snow-mad guests
Use the various text sections in your account to provide all the vital practical info.
- Use your main description to give details of the piste opening times, available levels, recommended ski hire shops and distance to the ski lifts from the property.
- Mention air lines, car hire companies and any ski shuttles nearby to make travel to and fro seem simple.
- Include après-ski activities and events, for example any Christmas or New Year parties, in the area info under location details.
- If you can offer your guests a ski pass, add this to the notes section under your prices and mention it in the search results summary and main description too.
Tip #4 Use extra marketing at key times
Some skiers/snowboarders keep an eye on the weather for most of the year and plan well in advance, whereas others book at the last minute. Consider adding deals to give both early and late bookings a boost for peak seasons.
- Use an Early Deal in October for stays in January/February to grab bookings from forward-thinking families and large groups.
- Use a Late Deal in early December to attract bookings for the end of the month and early January.
- Add a Spotlight to put your property right under the guest’s nose at the top of our search results. These can be really effective, as long as your photos are striking and, above all, snowy!
To invest in some extra marketing, log in and go to Account > Add deals and spotlights.