Most people now have access to the internet through a mobile device, so sending and receiving messages quickly has become the norm. When booking a holiday online, travellers will expect the same quick response and won’t want to be kept waiting, especially if they’re trying to make travel arrangements at the same time.
The response rate on your ad is there to encourage travellers to enquire as they can see that, if a response rate is good, they won’t need to wait too long for a reply.
Where can I find it?
Your response rate appears by your name on your listing. It appears after you’ve received your fourth enquiry.
It’s based on whether or not you’ve responded within 24 hours to your last 20 enquiries or booking requests. If you’ve not yet received 20, the percentage is based on those you have received.
Your response time is displayed on the conversation page and your average response time for the last 20 interests.
Why is it important?
Travellers are much more likely to book with you when they receive a fast response to their enquiries. We’ve provided a 24-hour window for you to send a response, but responding within six hours doubles your chances of a booking. And there’s more:
- Responding quickly shows you’re proactive and don’t like to keep guests waiting. Not only will you be more likely to confirm the booking, it bodes well for a good relationship with your guests resulting in repeat bookings and glowing reviews.
- Your response rate is the biggest factor affecting your position in the search results. Maintaining a good response rate means that more travellers can easily find your property.
- If your response rate is poor, travellers who’re looking to book last minute will shun your ad in favour of another with a higher response rate. Getting a reply quickly is even more important when time is limited.
- If travellers repeatedly have to wait a long time for a response, we’ll have no choice but to remove the advert to avoid any further frustration.
How to improve your response rate
Reply within 24 hours to every enquiry and booking request (or better still, within the first few hours) to get a 100% response rate. We know you’re busy and this isn’t always easy, so here are some helpful tips:
- Have a smartphone? Our free mobile app makes it easy to manage bookings from your iPhone or Android device. Download the app to respond to enquiries on the move.
- Log in often and make sure your ad is kept up to date so you don’t need to worry about checking any details before confirming a booking.
- As you probably already know, your account contains default messages for your guests to accompany your responses. Make sure you’re happy with them so you’re less likely to need to make any edits before responding.
More like this