Tag Archives: holiday homes

Gain rave reviews from your theatre-going guests

Tourists love the theatre

Good news for owners whose property is near a theatre: new statistics reveal that experiencing the glitz and glamour of a musical or a play is one of the most popular activities for overseas tourists to the UK.

According to VisitBritain, 24% of overseas holiday visitors who stay in London go to the theatre during their break – meaning that over 2 million international tourists have enjoyed a show in the capital over the last year. Musicals, such as Wicked and The Lion King, are proving particularly popular.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for UK holiday homes

30 April, 2013energy_performance_certificate

An EPC (energy performance certificate) contains information about a property’s energy usage and typical energy costs. It also has recommendations about how to reduce energy and save money. It’s also a useful tool to help you reduce carbon emissions and appeal to eco-conscious holidaymakers.

Do I need one? If you let out your home for less than four months a year, it’s not a requirement to have an EPC. Similarly, as long as you have a booking contract/agreement/permission to let/licence to occupy, then it is not a requirement.